Thursday, July 7, 2011

Finally!

I'm back to the quilt. My Walking Foot magically appeared in the mail a couple days ago (long drawn out Amazon transaction.. Oy!), so I've been doing some practicing on mini quilt sandwiches and finally made the switch to Isaac's tonight. It's going so much better then the hand quilting was! I was beginning to dread quilting when I was thinking of doing it all by hand. Not any more, my quilting excitement is back! I already have a good bit quilted and that was just in an hour! It still is not perfect, never will be. My machine is small so it takes some work to shove this twin size quilt through. But all in all I'm very happy with it.

What fun is it to do a project like this and dread it? NOT FUN. I still adore quilts and now I see myself stitching up more eventually! If hand quilting were all there was... I'd be one and done.

As I have said before though.. My next first quilt will be a smaller one!!!! ;-)

No comments: